Glen Carlou has built a reputation as one of South Africa’s leading producers. Under the ownership and management of the world-renowned Hess Family, they continue to produce wines of exceptional quality and consistency, growing from strength to strength.
Robbie & Charl from Capeesh made sure the evening was successful with spot on pairings and great service. Thanks guys!
On the menu:
- Glen Carlou Cab Sauvignon - Rich cassis and red berry fruits on the palate, with a touch of fine spiciness on the finish.
- Glen Carlou Chardonnay - Soft and generous, mouth filling fruit flavours of stone fruits and citrus. The creamy texture is balanced with a fine acid.
- Pairing: Marlin Carpaccio - Thinly sliced Marlin with lemon, cucumber and a citrus infused dressing
- Glen Carlou Pinot noir - Rich summer fruit flavours of raspberries and dark cherries with some oak character adding spice.
- Glen Carlou Syrah - Ripe Berries with white pepper, spice and vanilla.
- Merlot - Subtle oak and juicy fruit flavours of berries and plums.
- Pairing: Sirloin Al Forno - 300g matured sirloin baked in the pizza oven with olive oil, balsamic reduction, bay leaves and a hint of chile.
- Glen Carlou Grand Classique - 43% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Petit Verdot, 16% Malbec, 16% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc - Ripe and concentrated sweet cranberry, cherry and cocoa flavours on this rich and well balanced red with fine tannins.
- “The Welder” Natural Sweet Chenin Blanc - Delicious sweetness on the front palate with wonderful tropical fruits of fresh peach and ripe pear.
- Pairing: Panna Cotta - Traditional Italian baked cream pudding.
Compliments to Neil (chef & owner & Frits (manager & owner) @ The harlequin Restaurant.They never seem to disappoint.
Remember to view our events calendar for upcoming events: http://www.pretoria.co.za/events